Sounds excellent, right? Meet our free plugin to add price calculations in WooCommerce based on a new unit of measure. Sell your products based on weight, length, area, and volume (LxWxH)! And build your WooCommerce Price Calculator today!
Price Calculations in WooCommerce
As you know, by default, WooCommerce uses the standard units of measure & dimensions (kg, g, lbs, oz for the weight and m, cm, mm, in, yd for the dimension). You may use those units for setting the weight and dimensions of the product for shipping purposes.
But you can offer products by their quantity (stock) only. Now, what if you'd like to sell based on more units of measure and calculate the price accordingly? Then, you're in the right place!
Today, I'll show you how to sell lemons by weight and lemon juice by volume. You'll learn how to offer products with the new units of measure (weight and volume).
Table of contents
- Download the WooCommerce Price Calculator free plugin
- Product Price based on the new weight unit
- Sell your products by volume
- Calculate the weight and volume with smaller units and unit dimensions (PRO)
- WooCommerce Price Calculator - dynamic pricing and shipping costs (PRO)
WooCommerce Price Calculator free plugin
To calculate product prices based on new units of measure:
- First, download and install the Flexible Quantity free plugin from the WordPress repository,
Download Flexible Quantity →
- Then, go to the product edit screen and enable the new unit of measure (for example, km for transportation services),
Finally, set the new unit for dynamic price calculations.
Product Price based on the new weight unit
Now, you can use weight as a new unit of measurement as well. The plugin lets you define the unit name, prices, increment value, or minimum and maximum unit quantity. Let's see how the plugin helps you build your WooCommerce price calculator for the weight units.
- The initial steps are similar as shown above: open the product edit screen and enable the new unit of measure,
- Set kg for our lemons as a new unit of measurement, and choose its parameters,
- Finally, see our lemons sold per kg in your WooCommerce store.
As you see, WooCommerce will show the final price per kg based on the dynamic price calculations.
Sell your products by volume
Let's see now how to sell lemon juice by volume.
- First, add a new WooCommerce product and enable the new unit of measure (liters),
- Set the new unit and its parameters,
- That's it! We've just added lemon juice to the store's shelves.
Moreover, there are additional options for inventory below the unit settings. You can decide that the new unit will change the product stock based on the quantity (e.g. kg, or l). You may also allow customers to buy one product only, for example, 3 kg of lemons, without the option to select more 3kg "bags".
The above options are included in the Flexible Quantity - Measurement Price Calculator for WooCommerce free plugin.
Calculate the weight and volume on smaller units (PRO)
There is a way to sell lemons per kilograms or liters, but also let customers enter the smaller units (here grams and milliliters) to calculate the unit quantity and the product prices.
Let's suppose you want to sell lemon juice: for $7 per liter, but let your clients enter the volume every 100 ml up to 10000 ml (10 liters).
To set that option for your WooCommerce product with the price calculator plugin:
- Enable the unit dimensions,
- Choose the dimension's properties (the ml as a smaller unit of measure, the increment, the unit label, and minimum and maximum values too),
- Done! Your customers can now enter the volume in milliliters. The plugin will calculate the price in full liters dynamically.
Change price and shipping cost based on quantity (PRO)
Sometimes you may want the product price to depend on the quantity of the new unit of measure. The plugin gives you 2 options: the pricing table and the shipping class table.
Price calculator based WooCommerce product quantity
The pricing table lets you set the ranges for different prices and sale prices based on the quantity.
The product price will now depend on the product quantity (based on your new unit of measurement).
Flexible shipping costs depend on the unit quantity
You can also enable and set the shipping class table. Choose the quantity ranges and choose the shipping classes.
The shipping cost will depend on the quantity of the new unit of measure of your WooCommerce product.
That will give you flexible shipping costs in your WooCommerce store based on the product quantity (and the new unit of measure).
WooCommerce Price Calculator - Summary
In this article, you've learned how to use a free measurement price calculator for WooCommerce to sell products based on new units of measure. I've shown you weight and volume-based products with prices based on the new units. Also, how to use the pricing table and shipping class table for dynamic prices of new products with the PRO version of the plugin.
Visit Flexible Quantity - Measurement Price Calculator for WooCommerce PRO to see all features, check the plugin documentation, and run your tests in a free demo!
If you have more questions, just let us know!