Flexible Product Add-Ons Free WooCommerce plugin is WPML compatible. It is possible to make the WooCommerce product fields translation and make your site multilingual.
The Flexible Product Fields plugin lets you add new product fields. Follow the steps below to translate them with WPML.
WooCommerce product fields translation
Install and activate Flexible Product Fields
Go to the plugin settings (Products > Products Fields).
Add a new Fields Groups
Click the button Add New at the top to create new product fields.
- Add the title.
- Assign this group to Product.
- Select the product(s) - also the translated products to them.
Add a new Field
You can choose from 20 field types (18 in the free version of the plugin). For example:
- Text - add text to the Label field.
- Text - add text to the Placeholder field.
- Textarea - add text to the Label field.
- Textarea - add text to the placeholder field.
- Select - add text to the Label field.
- Select - add text to the Placeholder field and define Values with Labels.
- Radio - add text to the Label field.
- Radio - add text to Label, Value, and Label to Options section.
- Checkbox - add text to Label, but text in Value is not translated.
Update the changes
WPML settings for WooCommerce product fields translation
Now, go to WPML > String Translation.
Choose the strings from the plugin flexible-product-fields.
WooCommerce product translation
Here, you will see all strings from the plugin like Labels, Values, and Placeholders.
Be sure there are showing every string. Sometimes helps to remove the translated product from the plugin's settings and add it once again.
Translate the fields
Check the WooCommerce product fields translation
Finally, go to your product and check the translated strings. You should see something like that.
Plugin & settings translation
You can also translate the strings of the plugin settings when you download them fully on the String Translation page.
You've learned how to use WPML and translate the product fields.
If you have any questions let us know.