Creating a single wishlist in a WooCommerce store is simple and convenient. But it is even better to make lots of these shopping lists. Few wishlist plugins - however - have the option to create unlimited wishlists for free. In the free version we are often limited to one list and the paid version is required to abolish this limit. The exception to this is our latest and free Flexible Wishlist for WooCommerce plugin.
Creating multiple wish lists is crucial. Sometimes the customer of an online store does not shop for himself. Often such purchases are for specific occasions such as Christmas. If the store does not have a wishlist then the customer has to throw each idea straight into the cart.
Such initial selection is a common behavior of the store user. First he adds products and then narrows down the available options (removing the products). This has an advantage. After all - the products are in the cart and this is all the seller cares about. But the product in the cart does not mean that the customer has made a purchase decision.
Unlimited wishlists are better than one
At this stage there is an issue with abandoned carts. The customer has a full cart but has trouble making a decision. What is the effect? The customer does not purchase at all or postpones the decision. The solution to this problem is the wishlist. It is the final stage just before adding the product to the cart. The better structured the list - the easier it will be to make a purchasing decision.
The option to create multiple lists is so important for this reason. A list containing several dozen items (e.g. with ideas for Christmas gifts for all relatives) will not make much easier. A better solution would be a separate list for each person.
- A separate list is clearer. There is a greater chance of showing the whole on one screen (no scrolling or pagination).
- It is possible to move a product between lists. Perhaps the child will not like LEGO bricks - but the husband will like it?
- Each list has a separate link. This allows its user to share the list in order to e.g. consult a friend about a gift.
- Lists are editable. Perhaps the products that are now rejected as potential gifts will grow up as gifts for Christmas?
All lists in one place
Flexible Wishlist for WooCommerce plugin - in its free version - makes it possible to create unlimited wishlists. It is also important where these lists are created. The user is not forced to create a list on a separate subpage because this option is also available in the pop-up window when adding a product to the list.
- The user clicks the icon.
- The pop-up appears.
- This message is visible if the user is not logged in.
- Below there are checkboxes with the names of the available lists. There is a link to it next to each list.
- There is a text box at the bottom to enter the name of the new list. It is possible to create unlimited shopping lists for free here.
- The user closes the pop-up window.
The list subpage has one more option that is hard to find in other plugins. It is about adding notes. Thanks to this option the customer has his favorite products and other ideas at hand - just adds the note text and clicks the Create button.
- The user enters the name of the new list.
- Then clicks the Note for later button.
Flexible Wishlist is a plugin for creating unlimited wishlists for free. Its main purpose is to facilitate the purchasing decision. The plugin is lightweight and just focuses on its task. There is a simple panel with the most-needed settings. This allows the store owner to customize the plugin according to the nature of the shop. The most helpful setting for this is changing the icon and texts (e.g. Add to Wardrobe instead of Add to list).
Meet the PRO version of the wishlist plugin!
If you are looking for additional wishlist features, we recommend you to choose Flexible Wishlist PRO - Analytics & Emails.
This is a powerful tool that will allow you to get great results with minimal effort.
Flexible Wishlist PRO - Analytics & Emails £59
Allow customers save their favorite products for later and identify the most popular products by tracking wishlists' content. Create and send promotional e-mails. Stay one step ahead of your customers' needs and meet their demans.
💾 Active Installations: 800+ since Apr '22 | 🔃 Last updated Jun '23
Why Flexible Wishlist PRO - Analytics & Emails?
✅Promotional emails can be created and sent
✅ Keep track of your customers' wishlists
✅ Utilize stock analysis to identify the most frequently added products to wishlists and to sell them more smoothly