Christmas is a special time and the peak of online sales. Shops refine their sales mechanisms and each product turns into a gift. Flexible Product Fields and additional WooCommerce product options are the easiest method to create a personalized product or gift with a personal dedication.
Flexible Product Fields expands the product page with new fields. It is a WooCommerce product configurator that allows customers to create a product tailored to their needs. Setting up such an additional product field in the WordPress panel is quite simple and gives a lot of freedom when making changes.
"Radio with images" field and its applications
WooCommerce product options are text fields. But graphics sometimes express more than words. The "radio with images" field is the "radio" field which has been extended to show an image instead of a label. Such a field allows the customer to see a specific feature of the product and make efficient decisions. This makes it much easier to configure the product and the entire purchasing process.
The "radio with images" field will be suitable for showing:
- the color of the product or its specific element
- material (e.g. fabric or wood species)
- printing or other decoration
WooCommerce product configurator with a graphic field
The "radio with images" field allows the customer to configure the product as a gift. Popular uses include gift wrapping and attaching a card or greeting card.
- Add a new group by clicking the "Add new" button.
- Configure basic settings.
- Enter a name.
- Assign a group to products or categories.
Since version 1.6.0 it is also possible to filter using tags.
- Set the group as the last one (if there is more than one group).
- Add a new "checkbox" field named "Gift wrapping".
- Add a new "radio" field named "Package".
- Add a new "radio with images" field named "Pattern".
- Select the "Required" option.
- Set at least two options and insert an image into each of them.
Images will be shown on the page as 150 x 150 pixels thumbnails.
- Configure conditional logic - the field will appear if the customer selects an option in the "Package" field.
- Add a new "checkbox" field named "Christmas card". Assign a price if required.
- Add a new "text area" field named "Wishes".
- Select the "Required" option.
- Configure conditional logic - the field will appear if the customer selects the checkbox "Christmas card".
- Publish the group.
WooCommerce Product Options
Flexible Product Fields has extensive field configuration functions. The available options depend on the field.
FPF fields are assigned to the product using filtering. Tag filtering is a useful alternative to categories. It is useful in a large store where tags include the name of the brand or model.
The "Placeholder" and "Tooltip" options are settings that make it possible to insert an additional description inside the field (placeholder) or after hovering the cursor over the information icon [?].
The percentage price field is related to the product price set in WooCommerce. Editing this price on the product card also changes the field price. This feature makes it much easier to update store prices.
Save product configuration
On the product page (above the "Add to cart" button) there is a "Save product configuration" button. It is visible to the store administrator and gives the option to send the customer a preset product configuration (e.g. as a link in an email).
The Flexible Product Fields plugin will help to prepare the store for the upcoming Christmas (and for other occasions). The plugin will work as a product configurator or as a tool for selling additional services (e.g. insurance or extended warranties). Additional FPF product fields are compatible with WooCommerce variants. Our tool extends their application as it offers fields and functions not available in variants.